Love is not just about compliments, flowers, or songs, it’s also hard work that requires effort from both sides. Sometimes our actions might tell someone we love them much more than even the warmest words.
We has made a compilation of stories that have everything: true love, humor, moving things that people did, and very cute moments.
- I live with my boyfriend. We have a laptop and we been having a fight over the wallpaper: he set
tanks, I set cute bunnies. My friend came over. She opened the laptop and burst out laughing! She told me to look closer at the tank and I noticed a ring on it! It’d been there for a month! And I didn’t even notice it! Then, my boyfriend comes into the room and screams, “Will you marry me or not?!” Our wedding is coming soon.
- While I was driving to work my attention was attracted to an unusual couple. It was a young family with a small child. The girl had problems with hearing and speech so they used gestures to communicate. Her significant other learned an entire language for her and we can’t even say “I’m sorry” sometimes. This is what true love is!
- My grandparents had been together for 80 years, since they were both 15. They had been through war together, my grandpa lost his arm, and my grandma lost her hearing. They were poor and hungry, they raised 6 children, and they protected their families. When they were retired, they moved near the sea. My grandma fought cancer twice and my grandfather recovered after a stroke. He bought flowers for her all the time and they loved each other very much. They died at the age of 95, one day apart.
- Every wedding anniversary, my husband sends me a text, “Miss Johnson, do you take Mr. Smith as your future husband?” I smile and text him back, “I do!”
- When my father was 35, he needed to have an urgent heart surgery. The entire time he was in the hospital, my mother was by his side. When my father had surgery it was 5 days before my mother’s birthday and he was in a lot of pain. On her birthday, my mother woke up and didn’t see my dad. She panicked and started looking for him. She went out of the hospital and saw my father: with a huge heap of flowers, a cake, candy, barely walking, but with a huge smile on his face and love in his eyes!
- I was 19, he was 24. He was my first love. We had been together for 2 years and I was madly in love with him. At one point, he told me, “I don’t want to date you anymore.” I was devastated. And then, he took a ring from under his pillow and said, “I don’t want to date you, I want to marry you.” 5 years later, I told him I fell in love with someone else. He was shocked and he asked, “Who?!” I said, “Our son, or daughter, I don’t know yet.” Revenge is sweet!
- I’ve been living with my boyfriend for 3 years now and he’s not much of a romantic type. So, I was cooking dinner, looked out the window, and saw a caption made of roses on the ground, “Mary, I love you.” I was happy for the girl and then I realized that I was also Mary. And I had this nice thought “Maybe, it was my husband?” Right then I get a text from him that says, “Fry some meat, I’m starving. I spent too much time writing with the rose petals.” So romantic.
- When he proposed to me, I said, “If we get married, I’ll never let you go.” He laughed and said, “Then, hold on tight.” We were on the honeymoon. The idea to jump into the lake from a rock was stupid. He didn’t return. When I dragged him back to the shore and was doing the CPR, I was crying and screaming, “I won’t let you go!” He heard me. He started breathing. As long as I breathe, I’ll be there for him.
- In order to surprise me, my husband learned how to cook pancakes flipping them in mid-air. He only learned it a short time ago because I saw grease stains on the ceiling.
- My parents have been married for 35 years. In the past 2 years my mother has developed dementia and she meets my dad every day as if it’s the first time. And by the end of every day, she falls in love with him again because there is no other person who would care about her more than he does.
- My husband looked me in the eye and smiled. Then he asked me, “Can I do something for you?” I smiled at him. He took me and carried me. It was in the early evening, there were lights on the street, people smiled at us when they saw what a nice couple we were. But none of them knew that he was carrying me because I made him furious! And in order not to lose his temper, he was trying to let off steam by carrying me.
Tell us your love story about a time that you will never forget in the comment section below!