Not every person you wanna date is the one you love. So what’s the difference? Some are just hookup material that you encounter. They are hot af but jerk otherwise. You can’t commit to them and neither you want to. It’s simple you are attracted to them. What comes to your mind when you fall in something like that when you can’t control? Hookup!
That’s what Tinder was made for. Only in the name, it is an app to find love, in reality, it is mostly used to find instant hookups without any feelings but mutual understanding. And it’s completely fine as well as direct. You don’t have to pretend to fall in different stages of a relationship and all and can get laid in the simplest way you can.
Here is the difference between what hookups and real love mean:
(a.) From a Boy’s point of view:
Here are some guys who explained the real difference between them.
1. “A girl who is just a hookup doesn’t give a shit about you. She’s either more into herself than you or she is just in it for the sex. A girl who makes a perfect girlfriend is someone who cares about you, who does things for you just because she wants to make you happy.” —Graham, 24
2. “A girl who washes my underwear is a girlfriend, a girl who takes off my underwear is a hookup.” —Carl, 25
I think that’s the perfect explanation.
3. “This is easy, a hookup is a girl I can’t stand for more than a few hours at a time. A girlfriend is a girl I can’t stand to be away from for more than one night.” —Charlie, 26
That’s correct, after all, it’s about the person you love.
4. “My girlfriend is someone who makes me laugh, and can put a smile on my face even if I’m having the shittiest day. A hookup doesn’t have to make me laugh, or smile, she just makes me horny.” —Vince, 25
That’s what basically hookups mean. Lust, wham goodbye, Mam!
5. “The title says it all, your girlfriend is your friend…who you also have sex with, but you enjoy spending time with her. You don’t necessarily enjoy spending time with your hookup, you just enjoy having sex with them.” —Eddie, 25
6. “I hook up with the girl who I think would never date me. The one who looks so good you feel like she’s too good. The girl I date is more of my equal.” —Pat, 25
Even I think someone hotter than you who ain’t into you is just a hookup material.
(b.) From a girl’s point of view:
What girls think of guys as a boyfriend material or girlfriend material.
1. He’s horny, he wants to get laid, and she’s the best option available.
2. He’s an unknown in her social circle (he’s there on vacation, or she is, or they run in completely different circles), no one she knows will ever find out, and he’s basically a “freebie”
3. She wants revenge on a current or former lover, and this new guy looks to be the means to that end.
Girls hold an expertise in revenge and that many a time leads to hookups.
4. All of her girlfriends are hooking up that night, and she doesn’t want to be left out – and the guy in question just happens to be hanging around and available.
Obviously! No one likes to feel alienated from the others.
5. She’s always wanted to try a guy like him (white / black / Asian / Hispanic / muscular / wealthy / punk / rocker / bad boy / international from XYZ country)
Come on! Let’s be honest we all have our fetishes of trying a different kind of people. The best way is by hookups.
6. She’s feeling down in the dumps and in need of the boost in self-esteem that comes from getting laid.
This is the basic difference between the points of girls and guys on Hookups and love or, say, a serious relationship and commitment. I think Hookups are a pretty awesome thing as you don’t play with a person’s feelings just to get laid and that doesn’t create any expectations so it’s good for both the parties.